Pharmacy Software Conversions
Call us today about a free conversion from your current vendor. 1-877-222-RXRX
Pharmacy Software Conversions
Are you in love with your pharmacy software system? If not speak with us about a software conversion! Datascan offers the ultimate trifecta– price, product, and service. We are happy to schedule a one-on-one demonstration to discuss your specific needs and what we can do for you. We know conversions can be scary– the Datascan pharmacy software conversion is a smooth and careful process. We work closely with you from start to finish to ensure a seamless conversion. From data transfer, to training, and implementation, our staff has you covered. Our conversion packages are aggressive, our technology is state of the art, and our support is second to none. Speak with our sales team today and see why more pharmacies are choosing Datascan over the competition.
Top 3 Concerns About Making a Software Switch
- Prior to a switch over to our software and us being live on-site, you will have access to prerecorded, professionally edited training videos to get you introduced to the system.
- The day prior to switching over to our software, our staff is on-site live training all of your staff.
- Once the cutover to our system is complete, our staff will be there with you running the store for a few days
- While the videos are always accessible to you, we offer follow up remote training at no cost to you.
There are many concerns that come with the thought of switching to a new pharmacy software system. Many owners would rather stay with a company that either has outdated software or is not servicing them well, just to avoid making the change. Datascan has been doing data conversions for decades. We have a methodical process, as outlined below. This is a careful process that is not rushed, and we have hundreds of clients that can testify we did not turn their businesses upside down – in fact, they were pleasantly surprised at how smooth the transition went.
Datascan’s Proven Conversion Method
- Once a signed proposal is received, our project manager reaches out for an introduction
- Client receives our conversion packet which includes questionnaire’s and helpful information as they make this transition
- Project manager coordinates with client and data conversion company to pull the first set of data
- Within 1-2 weeks, the client will receive remote login to our software, with their data in it. They also receive a checklist and a walkthrough of our software so you can check your data in our system vs. what you are still using, and report any problems.
- During this time, the client receives log in info to the back end of our site so they can watch some tutorials and training videos to start getting acquainted with our system.
- Any reported issues are repaired by our team of programmers, and delivered as additional data set(s) until any kinks are worked out, and all data is 100% good to go.
- Once the client signs off on the data as good, and checklists have been followed, we schedule with the client for a live switch over date.
On Site Schedule:
Depending on client volume, and if they are also using our Point of Sale, we will schedule 1-2 Datascan team members, on-site at your pharmacy for anywhere between 3-5 days.
Conversion Client Testimonials
Discover why hundreds of independent pharmacies choose Datascan over the competition
Pharmacist/Owner Crawford Drug Dorchester MA
I spoke with Kevin; the owner of Datascan about the data conversion which to me was the most frightening part a change to the new software. What I found was that every step of the process was very methodical with a lot of handholding. After I checked and rechecked the converted data numerous times and was sure it was correct I was ready for my startup date with Datascan. Logan and Matt were at my store teaching my staff the new software and ready to intercede in case of problems or if we just wanted to make some changes to the way our RX labels looked. Suffice to say the conversion went very smoothly. I then proceeded to call Logan many times a day for a few weeks with little changes that needed to be made and many questions about the software. He was very congenial and promptly help me each time without hesitation.
The topping on the cake was when I called Kevin (the owner) with a question at 6 PM one day. The call went to his voicemail so I figured that he was gone for the day. I was amazed when I received a return call from him about a half hour later while on my trip home from work. That is true dedication.
Dealing with Datascan is like dealing with a family as opposed to dealing with a big cold corporation. I can truly say that you will not get that kind of attention anywhere else and I am a true believer. Make the move….you won’t be sorry.”
Owner, Prescriptions Exclusive
Manager, Reddon Drugs (2 Locations)
Owner, Park West Pharmacy
We had Datascan installed in June of 2016 and have not looked back since. When our conversion day came, Datascan had staff, Logan and Matt, on sight for the first week for hands on training for the staff. They were patient and created an easy learning environment for everyone. The conversion went smoothly andwhen Logan and Matt left at the end of the week we were confident in our ability to navigate the system. Of course, as we worked more with the system questions came up and whenever we called Datascan we were helped immediately. This help continues to be excellent to this day.
We are a tribal health facility so our pharmacy needs are very specialized and Datascan has been extremely helpful when we have needed changes to our system to accommodate our needs. The staff is pleasant, efficient and a pleasure to work with. You will not regret changing to Datascan, we did and have not been happier.”
PharmD, Pharmacy Manager, Washoe Tribe of Nevada Pharmacy
1. My staff and I already work hard. Is the pharmacy software going to enable us to also work smart?
2. Am I going to have to work around the pharmacy software, or will the software accommodate my needs and workflow?
3. Will my existing staff and new hires be easily trained and operational?
4. What is the quality of the provider’s help desk and support?
5. And the most dreaded one… Is the data conversion going to be accurate?
I am not naïve; I understand there is no perfect software for everyone. To the extent possible, my quest is nonetheless to check off ALL of the boxes.
Over the past 13 years, I have tried several of the bigger, more touted companies (McKesson PharmaServ, QS1, Rx30) and all of them were very disappointing. Through RxPride, I came across Datascan. I had never heard of them, but decided to make a call and send an email. I received a call from Kevin, Datascan’s owner, not some sales rep, who works solely on commissions. Kevin listened to my concerns and expectations, and also made thoughtful suggestions. In other words, he took the time to understand what I really needed, instead of just pushing software on me.
In fact, Kevin later amended Datascan’s software to accommodate my need in regards to my “Long Term Care” business, even before I agreed to purchase their software. Kevin understood that this enhancement would help his current pharmacy clients grow their businesses. I don’t know of any other software company that will deliver valuable enhancements before signing a client. With other companies, it often doesn’t even happen after installation!
The data conversion was seamless and, again, Kevin and his staff didn’t rush us to get started with WinPharm until we were completely satisfied with the data. I’ve been using WinPharm for almost a year and there are still functionalities my staff and I are learning about. That said, WinPharm has checked off all of my boxes so far. There is so much automation and capability built into this system. It has helped optimize my staff’s time and thus reduced my costs.
The most impressive thing about DataScan is that the owner and staff are willing to listen to a client’s specific needs, adapt and keep up with industry changes. They will make appropriate updates in timely manner. They get to know your specific business and your little quirks or needs and take care of you individually. The staff is very patient and communicative.
The bottom line is that the value and service that we, as independent pharmacies, provide to our customers, is what Kevin and his staff provide to Datascan clients. They are exceptionally dedicated. I’ve received communication back from Kevin, Brian, Artie, Matt, Sarah, Logan, and other Datascan staff even after normal business hours and on the weekend when I wasn’t expecting anything until the next business day.
As I said before, there is no “perfect” software, however, Kevin himself and Brian, his Vice President, flew out to my store to personally address out my issues, my needs and my wants. That is dedication! Again, Datascan’s relationship with their clients is akin to independent pharmacists’ connections with their patients. We understand one another.
In a heartbeat, I would recommend Datascan to anyone. This is the best pharmacy software experience I’ve had – from the initial sales call to the data conversion, implementation, training and installation (thank you Logan and Matt) to support and innovation (thank you everyone at DataScan). The Software is very impressive and the staff even more so.
The only regret I have is that I didn’t switch sooner.”
PharmD, Owner Crestwood Pharmacy, Albany, NY